- 3 red chillies
- 2 ripe mangoes
- ½ white onion
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Put one of the mangoes on the board and cut of a thick slice close to the flat side of the stone. Turn mango around and repeat on the other side. Score the flesh on each thick slice with criss-cross lines at 1cm intervals, taking care not to cut through the skin. Repeat with the second mango.
- Fold the mango halves inside out so that the mango flesh stands proud of the skin, in neat dice. Carefully slice these off the skin and into a bowl. Cut off the flesh adhering to each stone, dice it into the bowl.
- Cut the chilies lengthways removing the seeds and stalk, shred the chili and put into the bowl with the mango pieces.
- Fine dice the onion and chop the coriander, add these to the bowl. Finally add the lime zest and juice and season to taste. Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.